Liberal Art is looking to expand its team.
For the first time in a while we’re looking to add a new member to our small but high impact team. We’re hoping to audition Community Organizers on a project basis to find the right person.
Liberal Art is a web design and development firm with a much larger impact than our small size. Since 2006, we’ve worked with Democratic and progressive NPOs and candidates on four continents.
The Community Organizer (CO) helps organizations and campaigns to flesh out, manage and get the most out of their sites. The CO also helps to train clients on CMS/CRM and facilitates the handoff to the client’s team. Basically, once a client site is designed and converted to CMS templates, the CO does whatever it takes (a little bit project manager, client liaison, community manager, webmaster and editor) to complete the project.
You’ll work across the spectrum on House, Senate, Gubernatorial, and international campaigns and on advocacy clients covering civil rights, women’s rights, the environment, labor and animals.
We're a virtual office with folks in different timezones and projects across the US & Europe, Africa and Australia. And so, our hours and work style are highly flexible.
The ideal candidate…
- is a self-starting progressive
- likes to figure things out but knows when to ask for help
- is deep into technology but likes people, too
- can handle tasks on own time with minimal supervision
- can shuffle and prioritize own workload
- has used Nationbuilder (we have multiple NB projects in the pipe)
- Familiar with placing / editing content and other CMS basics
- Basic knowledge of HTML (mostly for content formatting)
- Able to format pictures for articles (cropping, resizing, simple color tweaks, no major editing — more iPhoto or Picasa than Photoshop)
- Experience with an advocacy CRM (BSD, NationBuilder, Salsa)
- Familiar with online issue advocacy or political campaigns
- Familiar with social media and sharing conventions
- Able to write rough copy for page stubs and items like autoresponse emails, excerpts and action intro blurbs.
- Have used project management/collaboration tools before, i.e. Basecamp
- Our office is virtual -- you'll work from home and attend occasional meetings via conference call or Skype
- Hours are flexible -- stay in contact, meet deadlines and you can work whenever you like, there's usually one of us online at all hours.
- You'll interact with clients regularly, mostly through email and Basecamp, to answer Q's, gather content and information, etc.
- We all have young kids -- we won't hold it against you if you do, too; we're pretty fond of ours.
- Based on experience and the scope of the project you’re assigned.
Get in touch with us: